Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Behind the woodshed?

A dear friend and myself were discussing the state of religion, to ourselves personally. And about how we have to force ourselves to be nice on things like Facebook. And suddenly he went off on a rant about how politics for many replaces religion. And I think he must be talking about you, once he couldn't have meant me, after all. Ok, ok, he was taking a shot at my partisanship. Everybody who knows me, knows that I'm political, and just a little bit outspoken. And I made a comment about how I was pussyfooting around some friends, that I discovered that I really don't need to that with. I share more in common with them than I thought. And that's somehow became open season on me? Which is ok, I'm tough, I can take it, as much as I dish it out (I hope). It was an unexpected surprise. Not very flattering, but not at all mean spirited in how he did it, and there is a lot of truth in that. But it also means another thing: He reads me, so I'll take it with a smile. Unless he was really talking about you, that would be so wrong!

The most disingenuous thing we hear lately, was on BBCA. Where they decided to talk to an average American business owner about the Obama's Health Plan. And this woman ranted on how it was going to break her business, which is home construction. Home construction, and she doesn't have health insurance, really? I think what she thinks, is that the government is going to force employers to provide health insurance- which is not the plan! That's Hawaii plan, but not the Obama/Senate plan. They make it a personal responsibility, if you have insurance there's no penalty. As a matter of fact, this plan will let her and her company form or join a large collective pool, which in turn can get lower rates for insurance, so it most likely means lower rates, not higher ones. But none of that truth came out on the BBC. But we don't want truth to get in the way of Chamber of Commerce lies! Republican's kept saying they want to shop over state lines- it's in there! The plan will let your kids stay on your health insurance until they're like 28 or something? They will no longer be cut off at 18, as well as no longer being refused insurance for preexisting conditions. And there are funds allocated to help low incomes out.

Then I heard a Republican strategist (on another show) claim, that Republicans will repeal the whole thing just as soon as they're back in power. Once I have cancer, if you do, I promise that I will kill you personally with my own hands for that. Not a gun, or a knife, my bare hands. NO, I REALLY MEAN IT, you want to rethink that boast. Specially once you're a lier on that one, which is why I have no fear in making this idle treat. All Republicans that say this, are liers! Once your going to like what the truth is about these reforms, once they're in place.

It's a total take over of health care, by big stupid bad government. Well truth is, it's not at all. Remember the donut hole, filled, gone, no longer in Medicare. It's not a job killer, quite the opposite. We need more doctors and nurses and administrators. You like your insurance, you keep your insurance, your doctor, your hospital. The only thing missing is... THE PUBLIC OPTION, as an alternative to private insurance. It's coming. We might not get it this round, but it's coming and soon.

He reads me, I couldn't be more pleased- you don't have to agree with me. But there must be some value found here, if you read me.

No comments:

Post a Comment