Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm running out of 40's

As I near my 49th year, I'm looking to close out my 40's on a positive note. I wasted most of 48 making sure to write something everyday, for my many blogs. Which is why the Republican's have been so helpful this year, in setting up targets to shoot at- that was so kind of them. :( However, while this habit did help my writing and spelling skills greatly, it destroyed my productiveness on a lot of other things. Everything has it's trade offs, I guess?

Anyway, as I round the corner into 50, my health insurance is going to spike through the roof. Which is why many potential employers, don't like to hire +50's. So even strapped into my CPAP, this issue causes me some sleepless nights, worrying about how to pay for it, and hoping to win the Lottery so I can just throw money at my problems for the rest of my days (which is not very likely).

Recently, my health insurance company has been messing with me, on everything. Why? I think to get my attention. I think they honestly want the Obama Health Reform to pass. I think they are counting all those new healthy people who will have to get insurance as a plus. So they're fucking with the 40+ to getter done! Clearly, they don't want the Public Option, but once that not in the senate bill, and they want that senate bill passed. Why else would they be acting like such assholes right now, unless they were completely insane? I'll bet the plan is, force the bill to pass, then fight all the amendments to it with everything they've got. I'm just doing my best to try and survive the bullshit.

Now, I admit, as someone with cancer, I have a vested interest in the Public Option. But it's clearly not right for there to be a mandate for insurance without there being an alternative to private for profit insurance. If that's single payer (buying into Medicare early) or the Public Option (New Government Insurance Plan), it doesn't really matter, only that it's there. Because you know, the Insurance Companies are going to try and find ways to shed the unhealthy, as much as they can. That's just good business! It's morally wrong, but morals are bad business, just ask anyone on Wall Street. And that is the real reason I support the PUBLIC OPTION- being only 50ish, I need a safety net once I'm less than profitable!

There, now to get something done for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment