Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jambalaya Stuffed Peppers

April was our last recipe? That's far too long without one! Now that I've got my database BACK, I can raid it a little more often to get these recipes out there where they are easy to find. Never thought I'd have a problem getting to my own recipes, but something went wrong with MySQL and my old computer, and nothing would fix it. Please don't send me advice on fixing it, I'm an EXPERT in fixing PC's- it was after a spark, that we had a problem that was totally unfixable.

Under Chiles, I see I've got Jambalaya Stuff Peppers. About as good a place as any to store a Jambalaya recipe. And August is Chile Cook Off season, all across the West! So as July winds down, it seems like the perfect time for this.

1/2 lb Chicken
1/4 lb Chopped Ham
1/2 lb Chopped Sausage (Kielbasa - I like to use those little party ones sliced into 3rds)
1 Chopped Onion
1 Chopped Tomato
1 Tb Oil for browning

1 C Rice (uncooked)
2 t Garlic Powder
1 Tb Parsley
1/4 t Thyme
3 Bay Leaves
1/4 t Basil
1/4 t Oregano
Salt & Pepper
2 C Water
Tops of 6 Bell Peppers Chopped
5 Dry Red Peppers (uncrushed whole)

6 Bell Peppers Parboiled

Brown the meats with the oil. Then add veges, and spice, and rice and water.
Simmer Jambalaya 40 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally.
When done, pick out Red Peppers (one or two always break and disappear) unless you hate your guests.
Parboil Bell Peppers (cups) 10 minutes, and stuff with Jambalaya.
Serve hot.

I have my short-cut method of this same basic recipe, which I'll post next time. Which has to do with using Louisiana Super Hot Sausage instead of Kielbasa, and little to no peppers added.

No comments:

Post a Comment