Tuesday, August 2, 2011

In trouble again

I get the feeling that both myself and Obama might be in the dog house for this last week? I'm being quite outspoken on things that are personal choices like faith issues. And some of my friends get upset when I do that (you know who you are). I don't understand why you need to live in such superstitious FEAR of God, not allowing certain thoughts at all? But if it makes you feel better to think I have cancer because I piss God off, that's ok with me! Believe what you want, and pray for my salvation, if you're so concerned?

I've run into people who support the idea that there should be drug testing for welfare, it's a popular notion. And I have one thing to point out; Do you want to make desperate men, EVEN MORE DESPERATE? Nobody is getting rich on welfare, and you really can't make some people smarter! They are always going to self-medicate even though they aren't aware that's what they are doing. Make them desperate too, I warn that you might get killed for a Big Mac in the drive thru. Is that the kind of world you want to live in? It's never what you want to do, but you have to drop some seed for the birds (and the birdbrains)!

There is train in India that everyday, makes a trip up a mountain. It's about a mile trip, but it's takes the little steam engine hours to do, seesawing it's way up the mountain. But it's not trip that is so difficult, it's how it's done. There are 3 men for every wheel on the engine. One man hands off sand, another man then hangs onto the third man who dangles off the engine, pouring sand onto the track to give it more traction. We in the west would just build a tramway, and be done with it. Or we would, for safety automate the job of the man that pour sand, or even use rubber tires to improve grip. But then a friend (wiser than me), pointed out, they are in a very poor nation of 2 billion people. Each of those three men per wheel is a job, and a good job.

I told you that, to tell you this; That's what America needs. People are pointless, we can build machines that can do anything a human use to do. And there's the problem, MORE THAN anything else. But is making things the CHEAPEST way possible the right way to run the world? It's just something we have to morally chew on, and decide? Where is patriotism in business?

This is not the blog I want to be spending all my time on! I need to get back to writing fiction, and a lot of fiction too. But there are so many important issues to work out today, that making these rants is easier. It helps me to think out-loud, I hope it doesn't cause you too much distress in hearing it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment