Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Term Limits

I live in a state with term limits on all it's local politicians. And it's fucking horrible! I'm sorry, but there is just no other way to put it. We are stuck with politicians always jumping from one job to another, trying to prove the Peter Principle as a law of nature. Not to mention it's just insulting that some want to void the will of the majority!

What it does, is create a situation where everyone doing a job has become a perpetual rookie. And it clearly doesn't do away with the influence of special interests, it just make them stronger. Term limits are in fact a bad idea, however, I do honestly believe in AGE LIMITS, which is a totally different issue.

If you don't believe me; I beg you watch the budgeting problems of California, year after year? Is this really how you want Washington to work? I know it's not popular notion- BUT RETHINK TERM LIMITS- it's horrible politics, even 10000x worse than it is now.

Imagine yourself, finding your special niche in life, and 3 years later, you have loose it. For no good reason what so ever. Still think it's a great idea? It stupid to kick people out of jobs they are good at. And doubly stupid with elected jobs, where you're suppose to be engaged and involved.

How DARE this bunch of losers suggest, that I can't be trusted make an informed decision? I mean really, how dare YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment