Monday, August 31, 2009

Time Traveler

I'm sure your all a wonder, about my feelings about the death of our "Lion"? I really haven't many, so it's been that, rather than recovery that has kept me from posting for a while. Teddy is a man, who has had his day. He is current in the debates of the future, and where we want to go, but not critical. I have no dilutions.

While time traveling back to 1969, I found something that haunts me so: I always knew this was a Fleetwood Mac song (one of my favourites), but I really didn't know the groups history that well. Who'da known that Mick Fleetwood was not the founder of the band for example- unless you are real hardcore! Well, he wasn't, it was Peter Green that founded the band and named it after his rhythm section, but it is one of Green's songs that is one of the bands very best songs, that is so rarely, rarely played. But when it is, it's like a HARD STOP- so profound.


That kind of says it all, for us that carry the torch into the future.
Enjoy, this is extraordinary! I really have to thank whoever posted it, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing this treasure.

And pass health care reform, not for a dead man, but because it's the right thing to do. His legacy needs no polish, or enhancements. However, it is us, that need to continue to do that which is right, and that which is noble.


Maybe some of you need a little help on why I like this so much?
The answer is that it is before the days of lip-sync, and air guitar performances. And clearly the director actually went to the rehearsal, and learned the highlights of the performance. The sound is balanced, you can hear and see everything. It's even quite clear where they screwed up (they dropped the chorus; "oh well, oh well, oh well"). This is so much better than a Today Show Concert, today! And for an audience of what, maybe 30 teenagers?
That's why I love this... PROFESSIONALISM!

Now, watch the 1987 performance for an example of the Glam-Rock style. How did we loose the moose? At least Mick is just as creepy as ever. But gimme the thin kids of 1969, every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment