Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recycle Recycle

This is an "unreleased" cartoon, starring Bugs Bunny and Hermann Göring. Clearly a propaganda film from 1942- Herr meets Hare. How it got here, was not the Politics you might be thinking. It's about how writer Micheal Maltese recycled ideas. And I wanted to see these two cartoons side by side, and I thought you might enjoy it too.





Now watch the Oscar winning cartoon that 1,000 animator's selected as the greatest animated cartoon of all time (1957- What's Opera Doc):






Yeah, you may have noticed that the horse gained a few pounds in her 15 year layoff. But see, you're not the first generation to recycle! We seem to have a lot of that going on right now, looking at what the new movies are that are coming out. Wolfy is back, what next Teen wolfy? Someone get me some flee powder, so I can get out of here before it bites! (har har har).

UPDATE: I guess WB found out about that flick, and shut it down? (I don't know the story behind that, I'm just speculating). Hope you got to see them, before the take-down. For those of us who are students of this stuff, and history, I thought it was fascinating, even though, most likely a copyright violation. Notice though, they don't care so much about the other one, but that may now be in the public domain(?), now. Pity, if you didn't get to see them side by side- I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment