Friday, February 6, 2009

TG: I'm not an economist, but I play one on the Internet!

President Obama, that crass comedian jokester, cracked everybody up this morning with; "...even though everybody thinks they're an economist today!" He's a funny guy!

Mr. President, I can assure you, I'm not one of those people!

I couldn't argue why I didn't like "Trickle Down" the right way, because it's a greed issue! How do you argue your own fear of irrational behavior, and greed? It doesn't make sense to me. So there was a wish and a prayer, that really smart people somewhere, were making laws to prevent a top heavy situation from forming, and capsizing the economy. Then all we heard about was Mr. Bush, executive ordering rule after rule into oblivion. And now collapse. Now, I'm no economist but think it's all connected?

The world I grew up in: The airwaves were free! TV and Radio, were all free! Newspapers cost a whole $0.25 a day. Premium Gasoline was about $0.77 a gallon, and dangerous, but not considered deadly toxic! Most of our electricity was used by steel plants, and aerospace, which we now have none of, and a shortage of electrons too? My TV set was 300 watts, now it's 70 watts, and my light bulb is now 23 watts doing the job of a 100 watts, but there is still a shortage. I'm not even 50, and the world is now that TOP-ENDED! And you know what, they keep taking my share and not trickling it back.

Republican's blame the government. But Republicans are like birds seeing themselves in the mirror- they don't seem to understand that's not another bird invading their space! They continue to argue for less government, while they lead the largest expansion of government in history, as well as the largest power grab for the executive branch in history. And we all see how well that worked, except Mr Cheney, who is telling his people to keep attacking that mirror, we'll defeat it yet!

Today (this very day Feb 09), they (Republicans) want local government to build new schools, and fund education programs. It's not a Federal Issue, so they want it out of the stimulus! So why do they run on it, every election? Education is paid for by Property Taxes mostly. You see, there is only so much Earth, and many more people all the time. So Property Taxes have been the backbone of local government, since we stole this land from the Indians. So what part of POPPED Real Estate Bubble, and Toxic Asset, are they missing here??? Do they all need a tour of the Gulf Coast, perhaps, to see how well recovery is working (I mean from Texas to Mississippi)? Meanwhile, State Universities want more "out of state kids", than locals, to make up for the lack of money coming in from the State government, from the added fees.

Not being an economist, I don't know how a tax break for businesses is going to help create jobs? I do see how employers might be able to buy one more new fancy laptop, but I really doubt that tax breaks are going to create even one new job for anyone. Bet it gets the BOSS a new Lexus, that is owned by their company, but I'll bet no new jobs are created with it. Just doesn't fit the model- whatever that is?

Now, on the other hand, to be fare! I hear a lot about creating jobs, but I'm hearing nothing about creating careers.

Oh yeah, and back in the day. We all had saving accounts, even businesses did, you know, for rainy days. They were considered safer investments than AIG. And why, I don't know, once they are too big to fail, and still are.

But, I'm just a funny guy, and not an economist. So I'll shut up now! These aren't laughing matters at my level. I need help (now), and I know who's playing politics with it- I'm watching- I hope you are too, all of you expert economists! OG, it's still funny, lol!

As a footnote to things I don't understand; Why is it BLACK HISTORY MONTH, and not African American History Month? And while it might be rather extensive contribution, does it really take a whole month to teach that white guys like me, are assholes? I'm sure I'm full of shit or somebody is, because God keeps using me as toilet paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment