Friday, February 20, 2009

Will the Stimulus help you?

Will the Stimulus help you? Sounds like a poll question, doesn't it? But it's a commentary, this time. This is one for my Republican Friends, which I have more of than you might think. It's why I often feel alone with my opinions, even! And why I take it out on you, here! Meanwhile, this issue has us all talking, joking- but the truth be told: No, the stimulus is not going to help me, directly! Except to have something to talk about.

The people that build roads and bridges, are not my friends. I wouldn't know those people from Adam. I've never seen a familiar face holding the stop sign in the middle of the street, so I don't even know who gets those jobs or how? They don't seem to be from around here. They appear in our community for a week, and then are gone forever and ever, who ever the heck they are?

As for schools, well drive up another foam and fiberglass traitor and dump it on blocks, and call it a new classroom. I have no idea where they are made? Or who that plumber or electrician might have been, that connected it to my earth- it most likely will not be a local business man!

Let's examine the bottom line issue on Solar Power. I have no idea who makes Solar Cells other than oil companies? They tell me that there are local companies (meaning in California), but who? The trouble with Solar is cost, they are VERY expensive!!! Meaning that a roof will cost about $24k to cover, and will take 18 years for pay back, and will break down in 10. ??? ???? ?? Somebody must be getting a deal someplace, but it's not consumer!

Infrastructure spending: The point is that I in favor of this investment, only because it's mostly work that HAS to be done, that is not going to get done, by local government, on the state or manciple level. This level is totally paid for by property taxes. And while the property didn't disappear, the value is worthless when there is so many empty, and falling in value.

What do I want to see?
#1 Very Low interest, SMALL BUSINESS LOANS- if not GRANTS for starting new businesses!
Get the money where the rubber meats the road, and I'll create new jobs. What troubles me, is how rich we are making Wall Street. Are you ready for the collapse of Home Depot, now that there are no local hardware stores, and lumber yards?

What I fear most, is that the WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTION CHAIN of products and services has disappeared, and been squeezed out of existence by the MEGA-CHAINS. I can't find anything wholesale anymore. But the markup still exists.

I'm just a high school grad trying to find a way to make a living that fits within the bounds of my own health problems. And there's no money in blogging, but I don't know what else I can do that's not a burden to society? We need help down here in this hole in the ground place, but I don't see that happening any time soon. I love Lowes and Home Depot, but rebuilding America for me, means returning to the days when nobody is too big to fail.

Getting people back to work is a noble ideal. But I think the best method of doing that is to downsize America, not with plant closures, but by breaking big business up, and rebuilding supply chains. Realistically, I don't see that ever happening, so get ready for a really rough ride everyone! All of your good ideas, are just shit on the shoes of Wall Street, but maybe they'll open a new Wingstop close to you, as a consolation prize?

Shovel Ready; Well that kind of leaves me out, I can't do that kind of work anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment