Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why you don't want the President to visit

President Barack Obama continues his Jinxed America Tour, to whip up support for his stimulus plan. If there is anything you don't want right now, it's him visiting your town! Today he was in Fort Lauderdale Florida which has the highest foreclosure rate. The first thing I was struck by today, was the redundancy of the message. My particular favorite being; "Putting the acceptance letter for college back in the envelope, because you can afford it." Welcome to another generation, that has to put off- mine feels your pain, because we lived it too- but it was less important back then.

First of all, I would like to thank the Carl Roe, for the perpetual campaign. If there was any thing we as American's needed most, it was even more partisan politics in our lives, daily! How can you get enough? Ugh!

I think our biggest concerned, as ordinary people is Wall Street admitting; "My drug of choice is money, and I really NEED (Joneing dude) more of the public's share!" And our answer is NO! You've sucked that tit enough, time to earn your own food. That's our fear, but I don't really think it's our reality. I do think think it's kind of irrational.

I've been preaching that you can't make mega profits forever. And everybody is aware of that, but hopeful that the good times aren't going to end soon. And guess what? They did, it's over! And now the WHOLE WORLD, is trying to figure out, how not to starve, how to stop homelessness? Welcome the failure of globalization 101. The first big stumble.

Again, I'm not an economist, I just play one on the Internet. I'm just a guy hoping that the advice is good, and the plan is good, and that it will sometime soon, help me. It's optimism that leads me here. I don't want to be disappointed... we need help. This is not good. My optimism is based on the fact that this is a man that studies problems, get the best advisers, and makes multiple plans. That's how this guy got elected, he's smart. And the party is over, we need smart men for smart times ahead. Please don't home school your kids, they need a diverse and rich education, and not a narrow frame of mind, or you can't handle problems like these. That's my concern, more than Wall Street wanting to return to the trough, over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment