Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How is 1/3 of the nation being mad a good thing?

President Obama has the rare privilege to have 60+% approval rating of his first hundred days. That means that a third of America, is pissed off, doesn't it?

Yes, exactly!

Why is that a good thing?

It's not! But it's unavoidable. But it's a figure that is hardened few. I'm one of the hardened few on the other side. It means, I'm all giggly and happy, but more importantly besides that, we are set in our ways, and will toe the party line, is what it's all about. There are people that will always hold the banner high for you, and those people are generally 30%ers!

A quarter of both parties, on both sides, have that independent spirit. We are still a two party system, and they divided in half, except for a small slice of extreme independents, that are really hard right, or really hard left. Most of us are moderates. Moderates are the true majority, which is why until guys like Carl Roe come along, we can work with each other. Mr Roe believes that the FAR RIGHT is RIGHT, and FUCK ANYTHING ELSE! Mr Limbaugh however, will play any side against the other, while spinning RIGHT, and for him it's all about his ego, more than anything else.

I only bring these two up, because they are the extremes, that have the most to gain from that 30% that is pissed off. These two have poisoned the whole well, to the point where the two sides are having EXTREME difficulty working with each other at all. Which is why, I have to encourage ALL YOU moderates (the true majority), not to be salient, but to speak up, and let them know, it's a time to put away petty things, and get on with the business of rebuilding the good old USA! I really don't care if you are a Republican or a Democrat, the moderates have to become vocal, and this is a good medium to do that in.

Facts are that more Republicans march in lock step to the whims of the party. A Democrat's biggest enemy is not Republicans, it's most likely his own party. There is greater diversity of opinions in the Democratic party, than in the Republican party, and their aways has been. Which is why most of us reject the notion, that we are so easy to characterize. Republicans have become like birds- they see the enemy in the window, and attack it. Only the glass is not a window, it's a mirror! But they have no concept of mirrors, so they attack what they see. Which is why I advise them to sit down, and shut up, and think it threw first; But they just don't get it- YET!

Anyway, 60% is SUPER IMPORTANT! Because that means all the moderates have swung your way. Your attracting the right crowd, and have enough of those independents which Mr Roe has no value for, are along for the ride. Mr Roe has the problem of not seeing Gray, in the big picture. He maybe right, that there is only one color of ink, but he forgets there is paper too, and the big picture is not seen just in a microscope!

What I'm annoyed with are all these BLOND ZEALOTS WOMEN being the standard bearers for the party, when they can't make a single argument that is rational, and not laced with racism, hatred, and blame (like it's good TV (hint))! None of that does any good, it just gets people killed, when it gets out of control. I never liked Buckley, but I had to think it through to argue with him- and that's a good thing.

Ironically, I went the opposite direction of many of my friends. I use to be a Republican, that changed party over the blame game of Ronald Reagan blaming poor people for being the problem. What he never told anybody, was that it was only 2% of the budget, and it needed reform, not a hatchet job! Which is what Clinton did. Welfare Moms could not fight back, they didn't have the resources. But I could, and I changed parties right there, and have never looked back. Because they just keep getting worse all the time! And what I mean is that invader in the mirror. They don't get what they are attacking. Rule #1, know your enemy! Think it out!

I do owe "the Right" an article now, about an issue that is showing up, that we should be concerned with, about Government running amok- as they fear most! It's coming, I need to work on it more, to get it right, or it will become a ramble like this folly. Which I could have said in one paragraph, if I had wanted to. Believe me, I don't walk in lock step with President Obama, on all things. I have two issues with him already, but for the most part, he's doing the things I think need to be addressed, to get us back on a sound footing. So there is room for real debate and battle ahead. Which some of you might be surprised by my position on.

The only people that ever get surprised by me, are the people that try to box me in, and think they have me all figured out. I am one super complex dude! Maybe I'm on of those 25%er, that can change sides, in the blink of an eye on you? Don't try to pigeon hole me, I'll screw both sides, just for taking me for granted!

Most (shelf proclaimed) Conservatives don't seem to understand that Conservative and Liberal are not mutually exclusive things, unlike Black and White. Step back and there's a whole bunch of gray. Step back, and you realize that it's not a window, too. Republicans are right in a principle that they need to think through, and get back to. And Taxes, Taxes, Taxes, is not it! Spending is not it! There is an issue we need them for. But right now, 60% in your favor, let's enjoy his honeymoon for at least one day, maybe a day and a half. What annoys me, is that there is a time and a place, and a very big issue ahead, in which to fight back on.

Sorry Democrats, but it's not over for the Republicans, they're just a bit confused at the moment, because their a little bit slow! 60 Senators is not that important at all, yesterdays news was not crushing. 60% is more than a big thing, when you think it through. I remind people about the White Elephant Gift! And that a Democrats worsted enemy is another Democrat's ideas! Now go look up the White Elephant, to understand what I'm hinting at.

But what do I know? I can be dismissed by either side, as just a blogger; And it's true! You know I admire Rush for one thing. He knows he has no responsibility to solve any of the world's problems- so he doesn't even try. He just bitches about whatever you do! I can model myself after that, if you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment