Saturday, January 17, 2009

Who are you (statement not question)

Picture deleted.
I've been in many of my friends homes, and while most would prefer I sit in the back yard and keep quite. Still, the dogs and me are occasionally allowed into the kitchen, and living rooms, but not on sofa! So this may come a surprise to some of you, that I'm not only allowed into the dog areas of some fine homes, but that I do notice things about your homes- other than where the food scraps are.

Quite a few of you, like to have monuments to your's and your children's lives, and your pedigree. What concerns me in your decoration, is the lack of personally that goes with it. I look at these walls, and I see you and other little people, but I don't know what you like, and enjoy? Other than perhaps socker?

Although, I find it hard to believe that anybody actually enjoys socker on the field or in the stands? That just might be why EVERYBODY gets a trophy these days?

picture deleted

As a peddler of posters, it is my job to point this out. But once I'm as low as a Dachshund balls, I don't know why would you ever listen to me? Still, I can see your love for these dreadful creatures all over the room, but WHO ARE YOU?

I plaster these messages with pinup girls, not really to sell you cheesecake, but to give you ideas about using art to project forward your own personality. Ok, and maybe to peddle some really fluffy softcore too?

Putting your wife or husband's picture on your desk at work, only tells me that you're a type-A personality, or pretending to be one. If my desk were properly decorated with picture of family, my sister would be giving me the finger all the time, BECAUSE that's who we are; Doctor Phil rejects. Honest as it might be, that's just not right for the work place, is it?

picture deleted
So I recommend you take a moment, to lie on the floor, and look up at your world. What does it say about you, other than you really need dog kisses? And maybe more time working that appliance called a vacuum cleaner?

Art is not about showing your good taste to the world!!! That's not the point at all! It's about using someone else talents, to make a statement about yourself. Who are YOU! Pete Townshend and Roger Daltry nearly ended the Who, over a lack of understanding of this self-reflective statement vs the question. It's self-reflective, and THAT is exactly what art is suppose to do with our lives! It's not how others see us, it's how we see ourselves. That reflects a deeper meaning, a statement, like a middle finger, only (maybe) more polite.

picture deleted

Maybe it's your elephant brand politics? Or your desire to lie naked and sweaty on a private beach? Or maybe it's about your daughter's box score too? Who are you, was never a question- it's a statement. And art on your walls should be the same thing! That change for a new year, might just be perking up a boring wall?

For those of you who want the real truth. I'm so close to getting a pay check from All Posters, that it's annoying. Get in there, and buy something would you- you're holding up my tiny commission, and I want my money!!! I can hear that ice cracking, can't you? (Google ads pay per click, not commission to my All Posters account)

Still the advice is still sound; You need more than kids, to have a life that your friends understand and admire! Make your home your statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment